Friday, January 24, 2014

Friday ramblings and reviews

Before I get to my reviews on the Taken Trilogy, I just want to vent a little bit about online booksellers.  I ordered a used book online and the description was as follows:

Book Description: Good Condition. Reasonable wear. Still very usable. Clean, mark-free interior!

No where in the description did it state that this particular hardcover did not come with the cover.  I assume if it does not state otherwise that a cover will still be on a book.  But this was a used book, and I don't plan on reselling it, so I will live with it.  But why on earth would someone purposely do this to a book????


To all the book resellers out there......please, please, please stop putting stickers on books!!!  Oh, and if the cover is no longer on the book, please state so!  Your customers will come back for more.....otherwise forget any repeat business....at least from me.

But anyway, this week I read Books 1 and 2 of the Taken Trilogy by Jessica Frances.  This series is a must read.....give it a try.  You won't be disappointed!



Taken by Surprise is the first book of the Taken Trilogy by Jessica Frances.

This was a very well written novel which draws you in from the beginning and keeps you captivated until the very end.  I really like how the author has given each character their own point of view at the beginning so that the reader can connect and relate to each one.  Although the character development does take a while, the wait is well worth it because the story is absolutely amazing.  

Ms. Frances is an awesome writer and I can’t wait to begin the second book of this trilogy.  I would recommend this book to anyone who likes suspense filled paranormal with a touch of romance.  Once you start this, you will not be able to put it down!




Taken by Force is the second book of the Taken Trilogy by Jessica Frances.

Holy smokes! With all the twists and turns in this book, I am exhausted! In Book one, Taken by Surprise, we were introduced to Zoe, Charlie, Rose and Will. These four individuals each have a special ability that has attracted the attention of the P.A.G.E, a government agency that wants to use them to fight in a war. The four were captured, eventually escaped and went into hiding, planning to regroup in a year. In Book two, Taken by Force, it is now eight months later and some of the individuals have been discovered. Because of this, they regroup and go on the run again to prepare to fight for their freedom and their lives!

This action-packed novel will definitely keep you on the edge of your seat, so hold on……it’s a crazy ride! Ms. Frances has totally outdone herself with this series and I can’t wait for the final installment of this trilogy to come out so I can find out what happens!   

Taken by Choice is due out this year.....I really don't think I can wait....











No comments:

Post a Comment