Thursday, April 3, 2014

Review ~ The Three Kitties That Saved My Life by Michael Meyer



The Three Kitties That Saved My Life
(True Inspirational Romance)
by Michael Meyer

Published April 20th 2013 by Pacific Books

Synopsis:

NEWSFLASH: THE THREE KITTIES THAT SAVED MY LIFE has just been nominated for the prestigious 2014 RONE award in the Inspirational Book category.

AN UPLIFTING TRUE STORY OF LOVE - from love and loss to love renewed - a feel-good read
#1 Amazon best seller in Love and Loss, December 2013
#1 Amazon best seller in Biographies & Memoirs of Educators, April 2014

What if you suddenly lost your partner through life? How would you find the will to go on all alone? Would you ever be able to fall in love again? This is the true story of my journey from grieving widower, not caring if I lived or died, to the once-again happily married man I am today, a man who both loves and cherishes life. My three kitties have given me a new zest for living.

My story begins with loss and tears, but it ends with lots of love and laughter. I hope that you will find yourself both entertained and inspired by my journey.

EXCERPT

It is amazing how time helps. In time, I have learned to overcome my own albatross. I have learned to live again, to love again. Life is a gift reads a plaque on our dining room wall, and that sums up what I have gained from the three kitties that saved my life. From Coco, I learned to care again. From Kitty, I learned to love again. From Pom Pom, I have learned how to cope with my own demons, the effects of aging being one of these. Pom Pom has taught me to accept what is and then to move onward. Yes, I have learned plenty from my three kitties.

My journey has been a long one, a difficult one at times, but it has a happy ending. The three kitties in my life have made it so. They have all helped me to become the happy-to-be-alive man that I am today. I now accept rather than cope. I live each day to the fullest, knowing full well that life is a gift, and a very precious one at that. I look back on my life and I often think that I must be the luckiest man in the world. I have so much to be thankful for. The wonderment and beauty of life are both so dear to me. 

And, to add a delicious icing to the lovely taste of my life, I can say with total honesty to the whole world, my voice booming into the sky, my dancing feet not caring in the least who might see me, that I have been very fortunate to have done something that brings more sheer delight and wonderful pride to me than anything else that I have accomplished in my life: I have fallen madly, heads-over-heels in love not once, but twice, and how many others can say that?

Thank you, Kitty! 




My Review:
5 out of 5 stars
When the love of his life, Ciba was diagnosed with a deadly form of leukemia and eventually passed away, life seemed too unbearable to live for Michael.  Then when his cat of 18 years finally passed, he finally felt really alone and without hope. 

Getting his haircut at his long time barber, Michael hears the insistent meowing of a cat.  It seems the cat was found by the barber’s daughter, and they were going to keep it in a back room until the Humane Society came by.  Unable to bear the meowing, Michael decided to see the cat.  Once it was out of the room, it immediately jumped into his lap and fall asleep.  Unable to resist, he took the cat home.  Michael finally found a new beginning and a purpose in life again…taking care of Coco.  Coco’s antics are absolutely hilarious and I could not help but laugh out loud as I was reading.

When Michael finally meets Kitty, I was so happy.  They seemed to be truly meant for one another and the love that they have for each other is really inspirational. 

When it was time to get Coco a playmate, the choice was made and the hunt was on to get another cat.  The couple went to a local adoption fair, and found a cat that could have been Coco’s twin.  It was a no-brainer, and Pom Pom became part of the family.  Coco and Pom Pom become the best of friends and provided so much laughter and fun for Michael and Kitty.

In the end, all four of them, which had been rescued in one way or another, were now a happy family!  Although the journey was long and difficult, Michael learned so much from his three kitties and now considers being the luckiest man on earth.


Being an animal lover, I could not wait to read this book.  From the first page, I was immediately drawn into this heartwarming story that truly touched the inner depths of my soul.  Mr. Meyer’s has done an exceptional job of writing a story that has so much depth, emotion and inspiration, the reader can’t help but get uplifted by the words.  Although there are some funny moments, there are also some sad ones, so be sure to have a tissue handy.  If you are an animal lover, or have experienced some type of loss in your life, I would highly recommend this amazing book….you won’t be disappointed!



AVAILABLE as an e-book and a paperback at Amazon.



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment