Thursday, June 12, 2014

The Liebster Award!




This morning, I had a nice surprise in my inbox!  I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Victorian Soul Critiques (Thank you Litha!).  Truthfully, I had no idea what this was, but thankfully, Litha included a blurb on her post that explained what it is, so I am going to quote from her: “Liebster means "dearest" in German and the award is something bloggers pass on to other bloggers they like or whose blogs they admire. It seems it has been around the blogosphere since about 2010 and appears to be going strong.”

The Rules:
v  List 11 facts about yourself.
v  Answer the 11 questions asked by whoever nominated you.
v  Nominate 9 bloggers with less than 300 followers and leave them a comment saying they've been nominated.
v  Ask 11 new questions for your chosen nominees.
v  You cannot re-nominate the blog that nominated you.

Let’s begin, shall we?

11 Facts About Me

1)       I absolutely hate writing about myself (so yes, this exercise is a bit difficult for me!)
2)      My first book I ever read by myself was Little House on the Prairie LOVED IT! – and that is what kick-started my love of reading.
3)      I like animals more than I like most people. 
4)      I have an awesome collection of National Geographic magazines, some dating back to the early 1900’s.
5)      I was born and raised in Texas, and continue to live there with my loving husband who is an Iowa boy.
6)      I have one daughter who is 23 and is currently expecting a baby boy due in October.  I feel to young to be a grandmother, but I am really looking forward to spoiling my grandson!
7)      I am extremely shy and hate to enter new situations which involve people.  If I could get away with it, I would stay in my 5 mile comfort radius at all times….but unfortunately, there are bills to pay, so I have to go to work each day (which is 7 miles outside my 5 mile comfort radius).
8)      I am addicted to Diet Pepsi and chocolate (preferably dark chocolate).
9)      In my job, I work with the budget, which is funny because I suck at math!  Thankfully, Excel is my lifesaver and my friend!!
10)  Stressing because I am running out of facts and I need one more.
11)  If you mess with my furbabies, I will hunt you down and hurt you.

Questions from Litha:

1. What is your favorite time of day to read?
Anytime I can, but I guess at night right before I go to sleep, which can be a bad thing if the book is really good and I stay up to late.

2. What makes your favorite book your favorite: the characters, the plot, or something else?
The characters have to be realistic enough for me to connect with the story.  Even if the characters are vampires or werewolves, they need to act like real people….I know….weird….right??

3. What is your favorite dessert?
Anything made with chocolate!

4. Do you have a favorite villain? (Literary or otherwise)
If by villain, you mean by the bad boy, then it would have to be Damon Salvatore from the Vampire Diaries. This may have something to do with the fact that I am in love with Ian Somerhalder though.

5. What three books would you bring to a deserted island with you, if you had everything you needed (food, water, shelter, bookshelves, ect.)?
The Stand, The Door to December and the Bible.

6. Which book do you consider underrated and under-read (people don't read it as much)?
This one is hard for me to answer, but I guess I would have to say Richard Matheson’s I Am Legend. I had never heard of this book until the movie came out.  Loved the movie, and loved the book.

7. If you could travel to another universe (bookish or otherwise), would you stay here or go?
 That would have to be Neverland.

8. If you could travel back in time once, where would you go, and what would you do?
 I would travel back to 1987 and tell myself not to get married to my ex-husband. Actually, I would probably just slap myself silly for making such a lousy decision.  The only thing good to come out of that marriage was my daughter.

9. Is there a book you think is over-hyped (a lot of people like it, but you don't)?
Driven (book one of the Driven trilogy).  I really struggled to get through it and have no desire at this time to start book two.  I may pick it up at a later time, but right now – not going to happen.

10. If you could meet any author (living or dead), who would you meet, and why?
Stephen King, because well…..he writes some really awesome books and also because he’s Stephen King!

11. Do you judge a book by its cover? 
Absolutely…guilty as charged!  Unless it has been recommended, if a cover is boring looking to me I probably won’t give it a second thought…unless it is by a favorite author, then is doesn’t matter what the cover looks like.
                                    

And last but not least…..
To find the 9 blogs to nominate, I used blogluvin’ to search for blogs with less than 300 followers.  If you have more than 300 followers combined, Congratulations anyway!

Micky from My Book Habit
Lynda from Books Direct

Questions for My Nominees:

1)         If you had a magic lamp, what would you wish for?
2)         Is there one thing about yourself that you would like to change or are you totally comfortable with the way you are?
3)         If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose to live and why?
4)         If you could be someone else for a day, who would it be and why?
5)         What kind of music do you listen to?
6)         What is the thing you most regret not doing?
7)         What is your favorite quote?
8)         What did you want to be when you were a child?
9)         If you were to write the story of your life, what might be the title?
10)       What is your favorite movie?
11)       If you could be any animal for day, what would you be and why?

This was quite fun and a nice break from the rat-race I call life.  Thanks for nominating me Litha!


Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the nomination. I look forward to answering the questions and nominating some folks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello lovely! Thanks for the nomination! <3

    -Gwyneiira's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to LOVE & LIVE FOR Little House on the Prairie (the television series). It was such a wonderful show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, so you like Damon Salvatore. I love Stefan. His brooding, well when he was pining for Elena, was just so endearing. Twisted huh? Yeah, I know....lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for nominating me Tamara.. Her is my acceptance post..:)

    http://njkinny.blogspot.in/2014/06/3-liebster-nominations-thank-you-all.html

    ReplyDelete