Sunday, May 3, 2015

Book Review ~ Sapient by Jerry Kaczmarowski



Sapient
by Jerry Kaczmarowski
Genres: Thriller / Young Adult 


Abandoned by her husband after the birth of their child, Jane Dixon’s world is defined by her autistic son and the research she does to find a cure for his condition. She knows her work on animal intelligence may hold the key. She also knows that the research will take decades to complete. None of it will ultimately benefit her son.

All that changes when a lab rat named Einstein demonstrates that he can read and write. Just as her research yields results, the U.S. government discovers her program. The army wants to harness her research for its military potential.  The CDC wants to shut her down completely.  The implications of animal intelligence are too dangerous, particularly when the previously inert virus proves to be highly contagious.

She steals the virus to cure her son, but the government discovers the theft. She must now escape to Canada before the authorities can replace her son’s mental prison with a physical one.


Click HERE to add to Goodreads


The description pretty much sums up what this book is about and because of it, I knew that this one was a must read that I had to pick up immediately.  Was I glad that I did?  Heck yes!  This was money and time well spent for this kind of reading experience.

Sapient by Jerry Kaczmarowski had me hooked from page one and I could not put it down until I knew the outcome.  Now that I think about it,  'hooked' isn't really a strong enough word to describe my experience.   It consumed me and had a grip on me so bad, I was obsessed with it - needing to know more and frantically turning each page like my life depended on it.  It was paced really well and the characters were amazing - especially Einstein and Bear.   These two really steal the show and I fell in love with them instantly.  I mean how can you not like a sarcastic funny lab rat and German Sheppard dog with one eye?  The human characters weren't half bad either, but I really have a soft spot for the animal kingdom and Mr. Kaczmarowski really brought these characters to life.

This was not only a compelling and thought provoking read, it was Intriguing and original.   The story took many twists and turns, some I saw coming and others caught me totally off guard, which in my opinion make this not only a good read, but an awesome read.  I highly recommend this thrilling and spectacular book - so one click it now!  You won't be disappointed at all!


Amazon in eBook and paperback




Jerry Kaczmarowski lives in Seattle with his family. He writes techno-thrillers that explore the benefits and dangers of mankind's scientific advancement. His first book, Moon Rising, was released in June 2014.  His second book, Sapient, was published in April 2015.

Jerry spent the first twenty years of his professional life in the consulting industry on the West Coast. His fascination with technology is matched only by his love of stories. His books intertwine action with a keen insight into how technology will shape our lives in the coming years.

To learn more, go to http://www.jerrykaczmarowski.com/   

Connect with Jerry on Twitter, Facebook, and Goodreads.





No comments:

Post a Comment