Saturday, August 15, 2015

Book Review ~ Suffer by E.E. Borton

Suffer
by E.E. Borton


Kate Freeman opened the front door of her vacation villa to a wolf in sheep’s clothing. A few moments later, fifty thousand paralyzing volts shot through her body. Her world went dark; and when she awoke, her family was torn apart forever.

After months of agonizing physical therapy to heal the vicious wounds to her body, the Kate who emerged was no longer the loving mother, sister, and friend from before. The Kate who survived was something much different. Something much darker.


Without hesitation or remorse, she will hunt down the men who destroyed her life, even if it means sacrificing her last shreds of humanity. She will make them suffer.

Click HERE to add to Goodreads

What if someone came into your home, brutally attacked you, raped you in front of your child and then made you watch as you that person killed your child? This is Kate’s reality as her once perfect life comes shattering down.  The killer thinking that Kate is dead, underestimated her determination and drive to find him and make him suffer for his wrong doings.  Suffer brings the old adage ‘an eye for an eye’ to a whole new disturbing level and I liked it a lot.

Suffer is one of those books that after reading the last sentence, I was left wondering what the hell did I just read?  This story is very dark and very twisted and although I wanted to stop reading, I just couldn't put this book down.  It kept me on the edge of my seat all the way to the very disturbing end.  Suffer is not for the faint of heart as the author’s very vivid descriptions of the brutally violent and utterly gruesome acts left me  emotionally and physically ill.  Despite the horrific, gruesome and gory scenes, this is a well-crafted thrilling masterpiece I wanted to continue so that I could find out how it would end.

With a highly suspenseful, gripping plot and well-developed characters, Suffer kept me captivated and intrigued throughout. 
If you are looking to reading something dark and twisted, then I highly recommend reading this fascinating and frightening book.  Just be warned that you will want to drop everything and keep turning the pages because you will not want to put this one down even for a second.  This is the first book I have read from this author, but it will definitely not be my last.

 4 stars




Eric E. Borton served six years with Naval Intelligence in North Africa, Southern Europe, and the Middle East. As a civilian he served thirteen years with a rescue helicopter service in Atlanta, Georgia, where he currently resides.



No comments:

Post a Comment