Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Book Review ~ The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn



The Woman in the Window
by A.J. Finn
Published January 2nd 2018 by William Morrow

What did she see?
It’s been ten long months since Anna Fox last left her home. Ten months during which she has haunted the rooms of her old New York house like a ghost, lost in her memories, too terrified to step outside.

Anna’s lifeline to the real world is her window, where she sits day after day, watching her neighbours. When the Russells move in, Anna is instantly drawn to them. A picture-perfect family of three, they are an echo of the life that was once hers.

But one evening, a frenzied scream rips across the silence, and Anna witnesses something no one was supposed to see. Now she must do everything she can to uncover the truth about what really happened. But even if she does, will anyone believe her? And can she even trust herself?

Click HERE to add to Goodreads

The Woman in the Window truly surprised me with just how fantastic it was.  I must admit, I was beyond perplexed at the beginning, because all I was really learning was how truly messed up Anna’s mind was (and who could blame her).  In fact, several times I was thinking, where the heck is the author going with this story.  Then BOOM!.......that magical moment every reader craves hit me and I was hooked.  This cleverly crafted thriller kept me intrigued and captivated throughout and I could not put it down.  As I was reading, I thought I knew where this story was going, but boy was I wrong!  Anna is a complex and interesting character and it was an intense journey trying to understand what was going on inside her mind and listening to her thoughts.

Mr. Finn has an amazing talent for weaving a thrilling, on the edge of your seat, nail biting story that will have you hanging on for dear life.  This is one author that is going to rock the literary world and I’m excited to read more from him!


5 well deserved stars


A. J. Finn has written for numerous publications, including the Los Angeles Times, the Washington Post, and the Times Literary Supplement (UK). A native of New York, Finn lived in England for ten years before returning to New York City.

No comments:

Post a Comment