Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Review ~ Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi




"No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal, but The Reestablishment has plans for her.  Plans to use her as a weapon.  But Juliette has plans of her own.  After a lifetime without freedom, she's finally discovering a strength to fight back for the very first time - and to find a future with the one boy she thought she'd lost forever.
In this electrifying debut, Tahereh Mafi presents a riveting dystopian word, a thrilling superhero story, and an unforgettable heroine." ~ description from the back of the book




I was a little late to the Shatter Me Series party, but boy am I glad I decided to join in the fun!  Shatter Me truly lived up to my expectations and I can see why it is a bestseller. 

My heart broke for Juliette.....I could not even imagine having to grow up with parents not wanting to touch me or love me...and to just give up on their own child.  Having to live in an asylum for almost a year and not have any kind of contact whether verbal or visual just tore me up inside.  You can tell from the beginning that Juliette is a very strong person, and that it takes a lot to break her.

Adam.....ah Adam.  I just fell in love with him.  I just admire that he cares so much for Juliette and was not scared to be around her.  He risked so much to rescue her and I can't wait to see what develops with the romance....there is such a great connection between the two.   And his little brother James.....well he is just too cute!

Warner....hate is such a strong word, but I truly hate this psychotic man.  There is a special place in hell for demented psychopaths like him.  I had heard that there is a love triangle with this series, and I really hope it does not include him, or if it does I hope he gets less creepy as the trilogy progresses.

Lastly, who could not love Kenji?  What a character!  He has such a witty humor, I can't wait to read more about him.


This is a superb dystopian romance and I highly recommend it to anyone.  The writing was spectacular and draws you in immediately to a very moving, very emotional story. 

Now on to Unravel Me!

5 out of 5 stars

  • Series: Shatter Me (Book 1)
  • Paperback: 368 pages
  • Publisher: HarperCollins (October 2, 2012)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0062085506
  • ISBN-13: 978-0062085504

"You can't touch me," I whisper. I'm lying, is what I don't tell him. He can touch me, is what I'll never tell him. But things happen when people touch me. Strange things. Bad things.
No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal, but The Reestablishment has plans for her. Plans to use her as a weapon.
But Juliette has plans of her own. After a lifetime without freedom, she's finally discovering a strength to fight back for the very first time - and to find a future with the one boy she thought she'd lost forever. ~ from Amazon Editorial Review

No comments:

Post a Comment