Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Review ~ No Alligators in Sight by Kirsten B. Feldman

No Alligators in Sight
by Kirsten B. Feldman

Genre:  Contemporary, Young Adult
Published September 3rd 2013

In this coming of age novel, Lettie and Bert squeak by in a tiny town on Cape Cod, one parent an alcoholic and the other absent. After a string of bad decisions on Lettie’s part, their father ships them to their barely remembered mother for the summer, where they will learn hard lessons about themselves, their family, and their future by way of the Florida swamp. Throughout Lettie keeps her biting humor flowing, her razor-sharp pen at the ready, and her eye on her quest for a “normal” life.


5 out of 5 stars
Once in a while, a book comes along that will bring out so many emotions it’s like a really crazy roller coaster ride at an amusement park.  That book for me is No Alligators in Sight.  The only way I can describe this book is TOTALLY FREAKING AMAZING!  It is a wonderful coming of age story that everyone should read.  It really does bring to light that the grass is not always greener on the other side….I know, lame, but it’s true.  I really liked Lettie.  For all her issues, she really was intelligent, witty and somewhat wise for her age. Having to travel with her through this journey was at times heartbreaking, but in the end, she finally came to terms with her life and was determined not to define her life based on someone else’s “normal”.  Kirsten Feldman has crafted a wonderfully written masterpiece that had me hooked from the beginning and held my attention to the very end.  With her vivid descriptions and well-developed characters, I felt like I was right there in the story, traveling through life with Lettie.  I believe this was Ms. Feldman’s first novel and all I have to say is she NAILED IT!  I can’t wait to read more from this amazing and talented author!






Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment