Saturday, October 3, 2015

Book Review ~ Maybe Someday (Maybe #1) by Colleen Hoover


Maybe Someday
(Maybe #1)
by Colleen Hoover

At twenty-two years old, Sydney is enjoying a great life: She’s in college, working a steady job, in love with her wonderful boyfriend, Hunter, and rooming with her best friend, Tori. But everything changes when she discovers that Hunter is cheating on her—and she’s forced to decide what her next move should be.

Soon, Sydney finds herself captivated by her mysterious and attractive neighbor, Ridge. She can't take her eyes off him or stop listening to the passionate way he plays his guitar every evening out on his balcony. And there’s something about Sydney that Ridge can’t ignore, either. They soon find themselves needing each other in more ways than one.

A passionate tale of friendship, betrayal, and romance, Maybe Someday will immerse readers in Sydney’s tumultuous world from the very first page.

Click HERE to add to Goodreads


Colleen Hoover is a name I see a lot, and although I have several of her books on my shelf to be read, for some reason I had not read one.  Until now….. and after reading Maybe Someday, I am kicking myself for waiting so long to read the works of this amazing and talented author.

I absolutely loved this book and could not put it down.  I loved all the characters and the storyline.  Ridge was the best leading male character any reader could ask for as he was kind, patient and even though it was tough as hell, loyal.  Sydney’s character brought it all together though in my opinion.  Even though she was falling in love with Ridge, she did everything she could do not to hurt Maggie.  These two characters by far are the most captivating and passionate fictional couple I have ever read about and I almost felt as though they were real people – dealing with real problems.   Colleen Hoover’s writing style flows so smoothly and so perfectly, it was extremely easy to get totally immersed in this story of two souls destined to be together even when it seemed circumstances would say otherwise. Maybe Someday had me laughing, had me crying and had me feeling so much of everything while reading these words.  The anticipation of whether or not this love story would end how I wanted it was just too much to bear.  My heart broke and was twisted and then it was full of so much love it could burst.

Maybe Someday definitely has become one of my most favorite reads of the year and in my opinion deserves more than the 5 stars allowed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment