Sunday, January 4, 2015

Book Review ~ Faithless (A Tainted Love Serial Part 3) by K.B. Nelson

Faithless
A Tainted Love Serial
Part 3
by K.B. Nelson
Genres: Contemporary, New Adult, Romance



She's a stripper. He's a preacher. Her name is Faith, and he's been faithless since the day she went away. 

One knock against the door sends Noah and Faith spiraling down a dangerous path when their pasts come back to haunt them. Meanwhile, a dangerous, winter storm rolls into town. On the run, and forced to seek shelter inside their childhood home, they are forced to face their demons and atone for their sins. But they soon learn that they can’t hide forever and some secrets refuse to stay hidden.

Noah has one last chance at redemption and one last chance at revenge. What happens next will not only define him, it will be his salvation or it will be his damnation. Faith has a chance to find the absolution she craves, but the icy road ahead is paved with traps along the way.

Their love is undeniable, but is it enough? When the lights go out and all that’s left is the darkness, where will Faith and Noah find themselves? And can they live with who they’ve become? 


Click HERE to add to Goodreads

In the last installment of Faithless (A Tainted Love Serial), the action is intense from the very first page and the truly epic story of love between Noah and Faith continues in true K.B. Nelson fashion. 

I really struggled with this review because there was so much to like in Part 3 and a few things that just didn't sit well for me.  Even now as I try to write down my thoughts, I am trying to process everything that happened - especially the ending.  As someone who is probably older than the average reader of this genre, my values and morals are a bit old-fashion, so a couple of the scenes (although tastefully executed) were a bit uncomfortable to read.  Most people will not even bat an eyelash when they come across these scenes, it's just not my 'thing'.  The other issue I had with the story was the ending.  Although spectacular, it was somewhat confusing to me.  I just felt like it switched gears abruptly and for lack of a better word, felt somewhat paranormal-ish to me. Don't get me wrong - it wasn't bad, just not what I expected.

The story of Noah and Faith was one that will definitely stay with me for some time.  Noah and Faith truly had a 'one-of-a-kind' love that was at times very emotional, heartbreaking and insanely intense.  Faithless will touch your heart, test your boundaries and most of all give you a reading experience like no other. 

K.B. Nelson really takes the reader on a sexy, emotional journey that also is full of thrilling twists and turns that you will never see coming. This serial novel is definitely one that you will need to check out, if for nothing else, to see the talent that the author has - because let me tell you, this author is not afraid to break the rules. At all.

3.75 stars




I grew up on a farm in Ohio, but that's not very interesting, is it? When I'm not writing you can find me doing one of two things; getting lost on highways or getting lost in the lives of fictional characters. If my heart had two feet, one foot would be in romance and the other solidly in geekdom. I hope you'll all follow me on my journey through this carnival they call life.I promise there will be a happy ending. 





Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment