Sunday, March 2, 2014

Review ~ Kri (The Immortal Tales, #1) by S.J. Vellenga

Kri (The Immortal Tales, #1)
by S.J. Vellenga

"Over a thousand years ago, the last of the werewolves were vanquished by their vampire brethren. Upon their defeat, the surviving creatures sealed themselves away in tombs spread throughout the world or Dryas to await their calling. While they slept, the remnants of their enemy's followers grew in strength and numbers. Now this ancient war is beginning anew, and the slumbering beasts are starting to stir.'

"The Immortal Tales: Kri" is the first novel by Australian Author S. J. Vellenga. It takes you on a journey through the lands of Dryas, following the leaders of the two major clans as they search for the ancient tombs containing beasts created by the gods.

Rakah, a powerful dark witch, believes that in releasing the beasts, the world may be saved the wrath of the gods. Alatya on the other hand, a witch that believes in the greater good, fears that their release may spell death for all in Kri. Can Tarina, the eldest of the remaining vampires, convince them to put aside their differences and see the truth?

The first in the series, it sets the tone for the tales yet to come."


A story about vampires, werewolves and witches battling each other?  Um, right up my alley! I thought as I read the description of this book.  And the cover, oh my gosh, the cover is beautiful!

As I started reading though, I immediately began to feel lost.  The character development and the back history of the story was lacking so much that I felt like I was dumped into the middle of an epic story blindfolded.  There were numerous formatting issues that made this even more difficult to read at times.

This story has so much promise.  I believe that with some fine tuning, formatting and editing, this will be an awesome book.

My rating: 2 out of 5 stars

Find it here at Amazon


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment