Thursday, May 14, 2015

Book Review ~ Shadow of a Doubt (The Tangled Ivy Trilogy #2) by Tiffany Snow


Shadow of a Doubt
(The Tangled Ivy Trilogy #2)
by Tiffany Snow

Ivy Mason has it all: beauty, a plush apartment, a fancy car, and a debonair British spy boyfriend who pays all her bills. If only her boyfriend was in her life—and her bed—more than just sporadically.

Part of an underground British agency called the Shadow, Devon Clay knows that secrecy is what has kept him alive. Anyone he loves is a liability, and being involved with him puts the other person in grave danger. Yet Ivy is someone his heart can’t resist.

When an enemy from Devon’s past returns, the spy and his girlfriend are thrown headlong into an international conspiracy that puts everyone Ivy loves at risk. From the Missouri River bottoms to the brothels of Amsterdam, Ivy and Devon must outrun and outmaneuver the forces allied against them, and no one can be trusted.

Click HERE to add to Goodreads


So, I just finished Shadow of a Doubt and I find myself a complete and utter emotional wreck.  Never before has a book consumed me as much as this story did.  I loved In His Shadow, the first book in this trilogy, but this book?  This book exceeded every expectation that I had.  There is so much to love within these pages – from suspense, hot and steamy romance and characters you just want to shoot.  Let’s talk about the characters for a moment though.

Ivy – you know, at first I just wanted to hate this girl.  I was tired of hearing how beautiful she was and how all the men found her attractive.  I got tired of hearing about her taste in clothing, shoes and other fine things.  I was just tired of Ivy (or just perhaps a bit jealous).  But once the story really started, I got over those few nuisances, because I just realized that is who she is whether I like it or not.  She is able to handle a lot of crap, and still come out stronger in the end.  She’s kind, caring and has a huge heart and her love for Devon is almost an obsession – but really, who can blame her.

Devon – Oh Good Lord!  What a man - A hot, sexy man who any woman would love to have warm their bed, and their heart.  But when Devon is around, you know there is going to be intriguing and deadly thrills that will have your heart racing.  This man really knows how to treat a woman and he treats Ivy well – really well!  Beneath the tough exterior is this soft teddy bear of a man and I like him – A LOT!

Vega – God, I hate this woman.  She is a conniving, back-stabbing, evil and wretched bitch that I truly believe was born without a heart and if she does have one, it is stone cold frozen.  There is a special place in Hell for this woman and someone needs to send her there on a one-way ticket FAST.

The other supporting characters really bring this story together and make it thrilling and suspenseful read.

While immersing myself in this flawlessly written story, I never knew what to expect with each turn of the page.  It definitely kept me on the edge my seat feverishly devouring each sentence - craving it like a drug.  The writing is absolutely beautiful and flowed so effortlessly.  I quite simply did not want it to end.  This is a love story that is unlike any other and I think Ms. Snow outdid herself in this installment. 

I picked out two of my favorite quotes, just to give you a taste of what’s in this spectacular and amazing story:

“….just because we can’t have more doesn’t mean what we do have isn’t worth something.”
“We were a pair, he and I.  Both damaged goods, but from the outside looking in we were perfect – our pretty facades hiding the broken and jagged parts of our souls.  Perhaps that’s why we fit so well together.  The shattered pieces of our psyches were just enough to complete the other.”
I have been a fan of Tiffany Snow since her very first book, and her writing just keeps getting better and better.  Shadow of a Doubt has it all - romance, suspense, drama and so much more.   I dare say that this might just be my favorite book written by her so far – and that really says a lot, because her Kathleen Turner Series was beyond amazing.  As I stated before, this book left me an emotional wreck afterward and left me craving more.  The final installment of this trilogy can’t get here quick enough – I NEED MORE! 

Fans of Romantic Suspense will love this one, so be sure to check it out – but be sure to read Book One, In His Shadow first if you haven’t already!

5 + stars



Tiffany attended the University of Missouri – Columbia, attaining two degrees in History and Social Studies Education. After working many years as an instructor and consultant in the Information Technology field, Tiffany now writes full-time.

Tiffany loves to read and has been reading romance novels since she was way too young to read such things. She has an unhealthy obsession for all things Doctor Who, prefers Pepsi to Coke and Absolut to both, thinks men who drink girly cocktails are wusses, has learned to never stop believing in her beloved St. Louis Cardinals, and can recite the entire scripts of When Harry Met Sally and Apollo 13. George Washington is cool, Bon Jovi still rocks the house, and Bruce Willis is the ultimate alpha-male hero.

Married with two wonderful daughters, Tiffany and her family make their home in Kansas City, Missouri, not far from where she was born and raised in St. Louis, Missouri.


No comments:

Post a Comment